Doing Business In A World Of Growing Risk
Six Sigma CTIC: NOV COURSE SCHEDULE
Six Sigma refers to decreasing the number of defects to 3.4 defects (Percent Defective = 0.00034%) per million opportunities (99.9997% success rate). Six Sigma tackles variations in processes, minimizes defects and waste, thus improving the bottom-line.
- One (1) Short or long landing at major airports every five years.
- One (1) hour without electricity every 34 years.
- One (1) warranty claim for every 980 new automobiles.
- One (1) unsafe minute of drinking water every seven (7) months.
There is one fundamental equation which underlines Six Sigma:
Y = f(x) + E
= the desired results (the outcome)
X = the inputs
f = the function (process by which inputs are transformed to outputs)
E =presence of error/variation (this is actually the Greek letter Epsilon)
- Thus, a particular set of inputs (X) are transformed, into an output (Y), by some function (f) or process.
- Outcomes are the result of some function or process acting upon the inputs.
ASQ Six Sigma Green Belt Testing Schedule